Merchants in the German region view Giropay as the premier service for secure payments, often offering it alongside other payment options. They value Giropay’s dependability over traditional credit or debit cards.
Tips for an Easy and Safe Giropay Process
As a security-minded user, you may appreciate the privacy of proxies and the increased safety of Giropay. To help you better understand how to use Giropay safely and securely, we’ve outlined some tips below.
Enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) when available
In today’s digital age, keeping your payment details private is essential. Depending on your bank, 2FA may be an option when using Giropay. This secondary code is required to authenticate any log-in or purchase attempt, and while it adds an extra step, the security benefits are worth the inconvenience.
Understand the process
One of the major advantages of Giropay is that it keeps card numbers and account data secure. It does this by using a separate transaction token to transmit payments, similar to Apple Pay. The downside to this approach is that chargebacks cannot be done, so you will need to go through more steps to dispute a charge. The exact process depends on your bank and the currency of your transaction. It’s a good idea to save your transaction number (TAN) on your digital receipt for any payments you make in case you need it later.
Check your bank’s support and limits
At the time of this guide, more than 1,500 banking institutions support Giropay. However, because it is so widely used in Germany, it is not necessarily endorsed everywhere. Make sure to check with your bank to verify they support Giropay, and ask about any applicable terms and conditions. Additionally, find out if there are any limits imposed on the amount of funds or number of transactions. Most people will not encounter the upper limits set by banks, but having this information beforehand can help avoid any confusion later.
How To Buy a Proxy Server With Giropay
If you want to purchase proxies or add funds to your ProxyCompass account using Giropay, follow these steps.
Creating a new order using Giropay:
1. Log in to your account by clicking the “Client Area” link on the ProxyCompass homepage. Click the “Registration” button on the log-in page if you don’t already have an account.
2. Select the proxy you want to order from the products list on the left, then click the “Create new order” button.
3. On the create new order page, verify your proxy type and specify your bandwidth limits for your order. Click “Confirm” and proceed to the payment page after checking these details.
4. On the payment page, review your order details and choose “Pay with Giropay” from the list of payment methods. You may need to click the show more methods link to see all the available payment options.
5. Enter your First and Last name into the fields provided, verify all details are correct, and click the “Pay ($x.xx)*” button.
Depositing funds into your ProxyCompass account using Giropay:
1. From your ProxyCompass account dashboard, click your email address, then click “Deposit.”
2. Enter the precise amount for the deposit, then choose “Pay with Giropay” from the payment options.
3. Type your First and Last name in the fields provided, double-check that all information is accurate, then click the “Deposit” button.
*($x.xx) will be replaced with your actual purchase price.